UPDATE February 2022 – We’re not currently looking for freelancers but if you’d like us to keep your details and file please do go ahead and fill in the form at the end of the post, and I’ll contact you if that changes. Thanks! Chris
Patchwork Castle is a small business making patchwork memory quilts and cushions using client’s pre-loved clothing. We use baby and children’s clothes and adult clothing to make memory and memorial items. If you haven’t already then please take a look around our website to get a feel for what we do.
Due to continued expansion we are now looking to expand our small team of talented freelancers constructing patchwork tops for our quilts and cushions.
- You must live within about 5 miles of Scarborough, North Yorkshire (this is absolutely essential – we can only drop off and collect assignments in person)
- Excellent sewing skills, with good accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to produce a high quality finish. We produce high end products for exacting customers – quality is absolutely paramount.
- Experience in patchwork and/or quilting.
- Ability to follow product specifications, patterns and instructions.
- A good eye for design and colour.
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines, take good care of the customer’s clothes and produce the quilts in a smoke free environment, and away from pet smells/hair.
- Your own sewing machine (a good domestic with a walking/even feed foot is essential), rotary cutter/ruler/board, and sewing sundries/consumables (iron, scissors, pins etc). All fabrics, threads and materials to make the quilts/cushions will be provided.
You must be prepared to work on a freelance/self-employed basis. Payment will mostly be a flat rate per item completed. I’ll agree a completion date for each assignment with you, but otherwise it’s totally up to you when you complete the work. I can drop off and collect in Scarborough (although flexibility both ways to drop off and collect work would be ideal and appreciated). Work will be offered as it is available, and you can accept as much or as little as you wish but ideally will be able to make 2-3 average quilt tops a month (averaging 9 – 13 hours per quilt depending on your speed).
I’d ideally like someone who really gets what we are about, understands the sentimental nature of our products and would like to develop an on-going relationship with us as the company grows. If you think this might be of interest to you I would love to hear from you so please complete the form below and I’ll get in touch for an informal chat.
Thanks for your interest,